JSG has monthly work party events to remove invasive plants and plant native species, depending on the season. Volunteers are the foundation of JSG and how we perform our work. We welcome volunteers from all walks of life to our monthly work parties and to help with other supporting tasks.
By volunteering with JSG, you can:
- Explore your passion for nature and the environment;
- Learn about native and invasive plants and why invasives are a problem;
- Make a difference and give back to your community;
- Get outside, be active and have fun working with others;
- Earn volunteer hours for high school graduation or university/work applications. The JSG Event Coordinator can provide signed documentation for your hours.
If you want to join our dynamic team of volunteers, come to our next workparty (usually the second Sunday of each month). Or join our email list and we’ll send you a reminder a few days before each work party.
Our next party will be Sunday December 11th 9:30am – 12:30pm. For details and RSVP: December Work Party Meetup Link
There are many consequences of today’s societal disconnect with nature, but one stands out from the rest because of its potentially catastrophic consequences: our kids are the future stewards of planet Earth, and they are woefully unprepared for this awesome responsibility. Most young people don’t know that the earth now needs constant stewardship – or what that stewardship even looks like.
Doug Tallamy, author of Nature’s Best Hope